At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
13. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
- 3-plus years related experience
- Experience with a high level cad system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.