Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in medical center facility. Under general direction of the Chief Engineer, provides functional assistance to journeyperson stationary engineers under established indentured apprenticeship program.
- Assists and or executes assigned maintenance functions and activities under direct tutelage, performing functional activities and minor repairs.
- Attends classroom instruction and studies satisfactorily as required by the joint apprenticeship program.
- Successfully learns and understands use of facility drawings and blueprints.
- Familiarizes and becomes aware of all locations of utility service mains, shutoff/isolation valves and disconnects.
- Develops a working knowledge of operation and maintenance of all physical plant equipment and systems.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Successfully passed the Engineer Apprenticeship Examination within the last two years and achieved a score of 72 or higher.
- Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
- Working knowledge and ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
California,San Jose,San Jose Engineering Building
Job Schedule :
Job Type :
Employee Status :
Employee Group/Union Affiliation :
Job Level :
Job Category :
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.