Performs a variety of engineering assignments in developing and implementing production / processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner. Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems. Recommends and implements improvements and / or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters. Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards. Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of a new or modernization of existing production / processing equipment.
- Design gating, riser and chilling system for aluminum and magnesium aerospace castings to ensure compliance with all customers’ specifications
- In conjunction with tooling engineer and pattern shop personnel, determine the optimum tool design for the manufacturing processes
- Design and determine development samples and trial castings or programs, process and review through all manufacturing, inspection and dimensional departments.
- Interpret inspection results, investigate nonconforming castings and institute corrective action, sample and confirm corrective measures, document and amend process procedures.
- Investigate and resolve production problems.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining part number work instructions for all casting process areas.
- Be familiar with customer and regulatory specifications
- Be familiar with all internal work instructions and forms, and maintain good ISO practices
These job duties are not all inclusive. The company, from time to time, may require the incumbent to perform additional duties as assigned.
Engineering degree or equivalent college degree
5 years light alloy aerospace foundry experience
WDC Acquistions LLCs' 285,000 square foot facility is nestled in the rolling hills of southwest Iowa. The Creston plant is equipped for complete casting manufacturing and processing. For example, all heat treatment, layout, metallurgical and non-destructive testing are performed in-house. Over 20 different aluminum and magnesium alloys are routinely cast.WDC helped pioneer the development of specialty magnesium alloys such as corrosion resistant AZ9lE and heat resistant WE43A and is currently the largest producer of these alloys in the world.