Use discretion and independent judgment to independently design and develop detailed engineering packages to act as a manual for the installation of telecommunications systems. Example systems include, but are not limited to, PBX, switching, transport, GPS, antennas, receivers, lighting systems, wiring systems and power systems.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to research and review telecommunication system requirements and generate detailed installation specifications in adherence to both industry and customer standards.
- Schedule and perform on-site visits to collect specific information on telecommunication network build-out and/or removal.
- Serves as main point of contact and liaison to Pro-Tel clients during all phases of deployment.
- Formulate Pro-Tel Bill of Materials.
- Update site specific customer office records with use of computer aided drawing systems (i.e. AutoCad).
- Interface with all levels of management in Pro-Tel sales, operations, engineering, installation and procurement services.
- Assist installation and customer engineering with the resolution of project issues.
- Adhere to all engineering milestones defined by the customer and/or Pro-Tel management.
- Participate in non-customer related projects which benefit corporate development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, Myriad, or similar drawing programs, miscellaneous web-based programs and general file structure.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing
Job Type: Full-time
- Central Office Installation / Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)