Reporting directly to the Construction Project Manager, this position is usually site based. Responsibilities include direct contact and overview of the General Contractor to ensure a high level of quality and safety is maintained as required by both Jacobs and our client. Office work would include involvement with the creation and review Requests for Proposal and Change Orders. This at times is a client facing position. This role ensures that the scope of work is followed as per the client’s specifications on schedule, with quality craftsmanship, and safely. Other responsibilities include reading construction drawings, and a working knowledge of local codes and regulations.
- Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures.
- Oversee that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and develop and maintain project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and submittal logs,
- Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Attend client program meetings as needed
- A safety leader through example, words, and compliance
- Possess technical competence, skill and knowledge of the construction industry
- Understand Contract Documents including Drawings, Specifications and Contracts and provide technical assistance and recommendations for action
- Assist Monthly Meetings, prepare and distribute Meeting Minutes
- Conduct necessary Field Investigations, provide Field Inspections, prepare concise and distribute timely associated Reports
- Provide knowledgeable review of contractor Pay Application and provide recommendations with associated paperwork.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and provide recommendations
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety procedures, practices and standards
- Communicate effecting in speaking and writing, including listening
- Build relationships and create teamwork within the company, and the project team
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent experience is required
- Certificate in discipline field is preferred
- Strong computer software skills within the Microsoft Suite of tools (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Knowledge of general photography preferred
Local candidates strongly preferred. There is no relocation assistance for this role so candidate must be willing to relocate on their own. We will not be able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .