The Industrial Engineer will provide exceptional service to our internal customers by improving quality, reducing costs, and increasing productivity via safe methods, optimized procedures, equipment and systems to support our stores in becoming the Favorite Local Supermarket.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Conduct industrial engineering distribution labor studies
- Establish computer based productivity labor standards
- Develop methods for tracking and reporting warehouse and transportation key performance indicators
- Analyze and support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Document process changes and ensure SOPs are updated
- Maintain labor tables in WMS / LMS
- Assist in training operations staff on Lean Principles; work sampling, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans
- Train operations staff on the development and implementation of labor standards at the division level
- Analyze and develop distribution and transportation cost savings opportunities
- Evaluate and advise distribution management on potential operational improvements
- Conduct labor audits and time studies to validate and ensure the reasonableness and soundness of all implemented labor standards
- Ensure standards are developed in a manner that meets the test of scrutiny from Labor Union. Interact with Union officials as necessary to support the reasonableness and soundness of developed labor standards
- Provide support for the facilitation of lean events and validation of cost savings
- Assist with the maintenance of drop zones for transportation
- Compliance for COOL
- Compliance for Sarbanes Oxley
- Audit and ensure accuracy rates for the division
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field equivalent experience
- MTM and/or Basic MOST certification preferred
- Six Sigma Black / Green Belt preferred
- 3+ years' experience in Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years' experience in distribution operations
- Experience with labor standards
- In-depth knowledge of Warehousing and Transportation Operations
- Experience dealing with collective bargaining units
- May spend long periods of time in the warehouse performing work sampling or time study
- Some work to be performed in a temperature-controlled environment (cool/frozen warehouses)
- Bending, stooping and pivoting as well as running or fast-paced walking will be required periodically
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment during a normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced.
50% (shared position between Denver, CO and SLC,UT )
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
In order to facilitate the selection of the most qualified candidates for open positions in the new company, information regarding the candidate's work performance and conduct will be shared with the hiring manager. This is a common practice for internal postings or interviews.
If you post or are interviewed for roles in the new company you understand that your work performance and conduct may be shared with the hiring manager, even if that hiring manager is an Albertsons Company and/or Safeway employee. If you have any objection to your information being shared, please contact your Human Resources Representative.
What we believe:
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people, and a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect. The Albertsons Company policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status. We support a drug-free workplace-all applicants offered a position are requires to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
Albertsons Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer