Enovational is a fast growing technology startup building web and mobile applications. We specialize in delivering award-winning user experiences paired with cutting edge technology, as both client solutions and our own consumer products. We believe our successes come from our teamwork and mutual respect for each other’s talents and unique perspectives.
So when we say we are looking for a Quality Engineer, yes, we want someone passionate and adept at running testing efforts to ensure product quality, learning and implementing new quality assurance (QA) activities and procedures, but we also need an innovative and flexible team member who will do what it takes to help us shape amazing products.
What you might do on any given day:
- Perform manual test execution (including, but not limited to: functional, regression and integration testing), identifying defects and conducting root cause analysis of the issues discovered.
- Thoroughly document defects with steps to reproduce and triage them through the defect lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product owners to develop an understanding of user stories and use cases to formulate test approaches, write test plans, and effectively analyze outcomes.
- Work within and across our customer service, development, and product teams to validate products and find new and interesting ways to break those products.
- Complete test preparation, including participation in peer reviews, test environment setup, identification of pre-conditions, and test plan documentation and review.
- Develop strategies on how best to automate tests for maximum efficiency and coverage then write and maintain test scripts using Selenium or similar tools.
- Ensure product compliance with external software quality requirements, such as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508.
- Generate quality metrics and reports with insight into the status and health of our products, including the logging or tracking of both manual and automated efforts.
- Review and collect feedback on test plans and test cases from the QA team and product owner(s) to allow the team to collectively assess use case and edge case coverage.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you:
- Are genuinely passionate about what you do. You are a perpetual learner and excited to experiment with new tools, processes, methods, and ideas.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude. You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products a little further.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate succinctly verbally and in writing across different teams and clients.
This position might not be for you if you:
- Don’t like pushing a product to its limit to find the breaking point.
- Don’t like the idea of jumping in with your own suggestions and strategies for how to best use your expertise and help establish quality assurance practices.
- Prefer a lot of structure and a set routine over having variety in your day-to-day schedule.
- Are not comfortable with showing unfinished work to peers, users, or clients in order to discuss approach and get feedback.
- Prefer owning a project individually rather than working collaboratively across teams.
If you’re interested in applying:
Our ideal candidate would hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience, and we’d love to hear the story of how you think your degree in Computer Science, Psychology, or anything else is going to help you add to our team. We are looking for someone with experience in a quality assurance or other software development role, and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. However, we are just as focused on finding an individual with the passion to learn new skills and do what it takes to help our team be successful.
We’re a growing company and care very much about creating an amazing work environment with great growth opportunities, and hope that you’ll join us early to help shape a bright and exciting future for our ambitious company.
To apply, go to the Quality Engineer job posting on Enovational.com/careers and submit:
- A cover letter telling us about a time you were able to exploit or game a system (computer or non-computer) to your advantage due to a flaw or omission, or simply a description why you’re interested in this position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19