Powin Energy Corporation is a market leading supplier of utility-scale modular battery energy storage systems (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). Powin has distinct competitive advantages in the exponentially expanding energy storage sector: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deployability; and operational sophistication. These advantages position Powin as a market leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. Additionally, Powin’s system is engineered for either indoor or outdoor installations and maximizes energy density while minimizing the system’s footprint.
Powin’s Hardware Engineering team is seeking a self-starting, Senior Electrical Engineer with high voltage AC and DC wiring and system design to support our large and small scale battery energy storage products and installation. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing and supporting the wiring and power conversion needs of our systems at the battery, container and installation level. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for generating engineering design and validation requirements from internally generated product requirements. The Senior Electrical Engineer will provide design guidance and requirements while working collaboratively with a team of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineers both locally and in China on the development of, and supporting large-scale battery energy storage systems. A proven ability to drive projects to completion, strong design and engineering skills, and ability to manage projects within budget and timeline constraints are all keys to success. A strong understanding of power grid operation and experience with power conversion system integration preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop electrical product specifications and test plans for large scale battery electric storage assemblies.
- Utilize remote design teams in China to create electrical design deliverables and perform electrical testing
- Lead electrical safety reviews including FMEA, FTA and hazards analysis as necessary
- Support certification efforts with documentation and technical support
- Design DC wiring and power distribution up to 1500 Volts
- Design AC wiring and distribution for battery and enclosure equipment
- Work with multiple power conversion vendors to ensure 3 phase AC power distribution interfacing
- Low voltage control wiring design
- Generate electrical designs using CAD software.
- Interact with Mechanical Electrical and Electronic Engineers to develop complex electromechanical assemblies
- Lead process improvement initiatives to provide cost down and eliminate defects and waste
- First article review and approval of components for manufacturing approval
- Generate efficiencies through ongoing design improvement, component consolidation and cost reductions of existing product lines
- Ability to solve problems independently and manage the workload of multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work cross functionally, explain designs and concepts to others with different backgrounds/degrees.
- Flexible with design iterations and changes in direction.
- Attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Electrical Engineering Degree or related experience
- 8-10 years of industry experience
- Experience with local and international codes and standards applicable to electrical design including but not limited to; NFPA, NEMA, UL, CSA, IEC, EN.
· Proficient with CAD software, AutoCad is used by Powin.
· Proficient in Microsoft office programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)