Green Mountain Suites Hotel is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on individual to join our team to assist in maintaining hotel maintenance operations. Responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest suites, meeting space, restaurant and common areas. Guest suite and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included.
- Display good customer relation skills and takes initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment. Perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
- Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
- Ensure all phone equipment is in working order and notify management of all needed repairs.
- Observe equipment and utility meter readings on a daily basis. Maintain or repair specialized equipment or machinery.
- Stay accessible to Chief Engineer, MOD, and all operating departments of the hotel.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Maintain files of Material Safety Data Sheets and follow safe work practices including Lock Out Tag Out program.
- Notify Chief Engineer of all equipment and supply needs through inventory and par levels.
- Ability to learn and respond to all emergency procedures.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and to troubleshoot —causes of operating errors and decide how to repair.
- Ability to perform duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness, safe and effectively. May be specialized in an area of general maintenance.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, with patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements. Monitor operational equipment.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data, or process information.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment to detect or assess problems.
Job Qualifications :
Education * High School Diploma or equivalent; training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required. i.e. painter; carpenter, electrician, air conditioning, etc.
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)