Civil/Coastal Engineer - Project Manager
Edgewater Resources is a design, engineering and development consultancy focused on marinas and waterfronts worldwide. This position is a critical and valued role for the work we do, which is often fast- paced, interesting and challenging. The ideal candidate will support the firms’ effort to apply sustainable design to natural and made coastal, riverine and aquatic environments.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Technical expertise: Previous waterfront structure and marine infrastructure project experience should include such focus areas such as harbors, marinas, vessel mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads and seawalls, breakwaters and shore protection structures, shoreline stabilization and sediment management.
- Lead a production team, provide resource management, resolve complex technical problems, coach, train, and mentor team members, and work collaboratively with all team members on all aspects of project execution. Develop team accountability at all levels of projects.
- Manage all communication with clients (if designated or acting as project manager) for various multiple projects and technical support to clients.
- Coordinate and oversee resource scheduling to ensure workload and deadlines are managed effectively
- Establish, promote and ensure quality on all projects and work performed by group staff
- Develop proposals or contracts that ensure the contract scope is adequate for the project, provide the desired level of profitability, and ensure that the project schedule is viable
- Understand business initiatives and concerns of current and prospective clients to recognize and promote new opportunities and cross-sell other services provided by the firm
- Responsible for the profitable operation of the assigned group
- Analyze and recommend appropriate strategies for all key management issues and interview various candidates according to scope of all projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Coastal, Ocean, Structural/Geotechnical Engineering or parallel fields of Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering, Naval Architecture and Coastal Geology;
- PE license preferred,
- Experience with Project Management;
- Knowledge of coastal processes and coastal design
- Coastal/Marine/Navigation design experience strongly encouraged;
- Familiar with coastal processes modeling and hydraulic software;
- AutoCAD or Civil 3D experience required;
- Construction oversight experience desirable;
- Marketing/Business Development Skills / Experience a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Follows through on scheduled work times; Always punctual.
- Dependability - Commits to extended hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies supervisor with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed
Benefits with Full Time Employment
- Medical Insurance – Edgewater Resources contributes toward group Health, Vision, and Dental
Insurance with great local/regional provider participation
- Retirement Plan – Edgewater Resources provides Retirement and Financial Planning with percentage matching contributions
- Healthy Employee Incentive – Edgewater Resources contributes toward monthly membership fees for gym or activity costs
- Office mobile phone – Edgewater Resources provides individual smart phone and service for each employee
- Holiday and Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
- marina or coastal: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)