Promark Electronics specializes in the manufacturing of custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, electromechanical assemblies, full box builds and control panels for OEM’s since 1987.Servicing customers in a wide variety of industries including Industrial equipment, medical technology, aerospace, defense and communications applications across North America.
Job Title: Lean Engineer
Reporting to: Director of Operations
The Lean Engineer will be responsible for executing all continuous improvement activities related to our operations & production environment. The incumbent will work hand in hand with our Director of Operations to learn hands on skills and help implement and manage improvement projects.
- Implement LEAN manufacturing initiatives; processes & progress
- Implement 5S and Six Sigma principles
- Perform time studies, documenting cycle times
- Develop and improve tooling
- Equipment planning (existing equipment maintenance, actual usage, proposals for new equipment investment);
- Engage staff to voice their opinions on ways to improve production, and execute on selected ideas
- Monitor actual cell output vs. targets and making necessary adjustments and enhancements to achieve target objectives
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes within all cells
- Optimize work cells/layouts
- Conduct manufacturing cell audits for process performance
- Improvement target after FA Handoff
- Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials
- Collect data, documenting and sharing results of process improvement projects
- Other continuous improvement and quality activities as required
- Bachelor of Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 year’s experience as a Continuous Improvement Engineer in Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma
- You are a self-motivated person, a team player able to work under pressure and under a minimum of supervision.
- Solid organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent documenting abilities
- You must also be a person with initiative, have a strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment to be able to meet due dates and respect project milestones
- You have the ability to understand engineering issues and are innovative in problem solving.
We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- optimizing work cells/layouts: 2 years (Preferred)
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Lean Manufacturing : 2 years (Preferred)
- Performing time studies, documenting cycle times: 1 year (Preferred)