Important update on our COVID-19 process for new hires and employees:
Employees who have not confirmed that they are fully-vaccinated on their first day of employment will be required to submit for routine and ongoing COVID testing. Refusal to comply with the weekly testing will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employees that are not fully-vaccinated for the COVID virus by December 31, 2021 and reported their status to Human Resources, will pay a $70 surcharge each month for their benefits in the next benefits election cycle as well as any cost associated with failure to meet wellness requirements.
Work. Serve. Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
Hiring Range: $63,180.00 - $97,941.00
Hours: M-F 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
More than 350 talented, dedicated employees in the City of Durham’s Water Management Department work to keep safe drinking water flowing throughout the City and manage wastewater effectively. We lead long-term water and wastewater planning and infrastructure development, regularly treat and test systems for environmental compliance, and engage the public in water conservation to ensure all of our customers have clean, safe water every time they turn on the tap. If you share our passion for managing vital water resources, bring your skills and talent to Durham!
This position will supervise, plan and manage the operation, maintenance and expansion of the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCAD A) systems used by Water Management to control the four treatment plants, two reservoir dam pumping stations, 10 remote water distribution system sites and 65 sewage lift stations. The SCADA Manager will apply engineering expertise and treatment process knowledge to develop solutions to process control problems. Will develop engineering and construction standards for SCADA system upgrades, review project designs and provide oversight and coordination to SCADA projects. This position will also be responsible for Management and the implementation of DWM's SCADA master plan. Working alongside our Engineering Dept. and the treatment plants to review project designs, ensure compliance with system standards and will develop and maintain policies and procedures related to the use, security, configuration and management of the SCADA systems.
- SCADA system planning
- Supervise daily activity, assist with troubleshooting, planning
- Address SCADA feature requests and operational problems
- Review plans for projects that include SCADA
- Maintain system documentation and software revisions
- Develop and implement alarm management practices to ensure treatment processes comply with regulatory requirements and protect the public health and environment.
- Review division SCADA needs and operation
- Employee training, troubleshooting SCADA issues
- Plant networking issue resolution
- Planning, coordination of projects
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction project management, or a directly related field
- Five years of related engineering and/or project management experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- 5 years’ operating, maintaining or programming SCADA systems
- 5 years’ maintenance and operations of water/wastewater, industrial, power or process facilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of drinking water treatment and distribution, and wastewater collection and treatment.
- Knowledgeable about cybersecurity threats to the SCADA systems and standards and strategies for protecting SCADA systems from cyber-attack.
- Proficient using, applying and interpreting CISA and ISA standards
- Proficient in the review and evaluation of control and monitoring system design
- General knowledge of PLC operation/design/programming
Location: 1600 Mist Lake Dr.,Durham,NC, Durham, NC 27704
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,180.00 - $97,941.00 per year