Strathcona Resources Ltd. (“Strathcona”) is a Calgary, Alberta based crude oil and gas production and development company focused on maximizing oil and gas recovery from its low decline, high free cash flow oil and gas resource base. Strathcona's operations, infrastructure and land position are focused in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Strathcona is presently seeking a full time Production Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Team Lead, Production, this role is responsible for production engineering activity for cold heavy oil assets within the EOR team. The role will work closely with field operations staff to optimize production, create and execute base capital and production budgets, facility and pipeline design and operation, reservoir efficiency, equipment longevity, and operating costs.
The successful candidate will:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Manage day to day production operations. Monitor area and individual well performance.
- Justify and evaluate economics on all routine and non-routine workovers and well interventions. Prepare well servicing programs for all required workovers. Optimize design of artificial lift systems.
- Raise capital AFEs. Responsible for tracking all area base capital, and monthly capital accruals on AFEs.
- Support Strathcona safety and environmental practices.
- Work with operations and facilities engineers to optimize and debottleneck facilities and pipeline networks.
- Lead area measurement initiatives. Work with the measurement team, operations and production accounting to ensure area compliance.
- Work with field staff to effectively manage and lower operating costs.
- Provide engineering support to field staff to minimize well downtime and optimize well production.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with production related service providers and government agencies.
- Work closely with the field operations and well servicing group to manage service rig and rod rig activity
Education, Experience, and Certifications/Designations:
- Knowledge of downhole failure mechanisms and methods of mitigating failures
- Experience with drilling and completions operations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Work well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage time and produce results under tight deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, GeoScout (or equivalent), ProdView (or equivalent, production tracking software), WellView (or equivalent well servicing software), and Verdazo
- Strong analytical skills. Knowledge of advanced analytical tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire) is not required, but would be highly valued.
- Professional designation with APEGA or ASET.
- 8 or more years of experience in a production engineering role
- Calgary office with occasional field travel to well sites, facilities, and field offices.
Strathcona offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to participate in the growth of a dynamic oil and gas company.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Strathcona. Only applicants that meet requirements will be contacted