** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The Quality Engineer maintains high levels of quality control and quality assurance for the certification of product quality, provides technical support and guidance for laboratory operations including procedure writing and training, manages the Sample Preparation department, and is instrumental in environmental compliance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quality Engineer will report directly to the Technical Manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Supports quality policies and procedures and assures compliance with all company programs.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment systems to support the testing process.
- Reviews test sample preparation and methods for compliance to industry standards.
- Provides timely and accurate data for process control.
- Supports laboratory goals to meet operational excellence.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulatory standards.
- Purchases supplies and maintain inventories.
- Assures that the quality of materials used and products made meet specifications.
- Responsible and accountable for all laboratory activities under their direction.
- Maintains ISO quality system requirements relating to data generation and calibration.
- Supports management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
Oxbow seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria as well as be safety oriented and willing to work in a team atmosphere:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (specifically in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or related field such as Mathematics or Physics).
- Must be a current senior with an anticipated graduation date of spring or summer 2019. A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required.
- Prior engineering project work or internship experience is desired, but not required.
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
- Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Basic knowledge of X-ray fluorescence, environmental reporting, and / or an understanding of ISO 9001 quality systems is a plus.
- Typically sits or stands for extended amount of time in front of a computer or testing lab.
- As needed, lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to convey detailed instructions to other workers.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
If you are looking to apply, we invite you to explore our exciting opportunities. Oxbow is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation. Successful candidate must have ability to work 40 hours per week and have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
**LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY