This position is located in Janesville, WI. Relocation assistance is offered.
SHINE is immediately seeking a Structural / Civil Engineer with a strong background and driven personality to design nuclear-regulated structures to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members. The Structural Engineer will also perform structural analysis of plans and structures.
- Relocation assistance
- Health and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- PTO & Paid Holidays
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the designing of reinforced concrete structures, steel frames and connections, steel shell structures, foundations, and support structures.
- You will also perform structural analysis of steel and concrete structures, foundations, and structural components, for static and dynamic loads, including seismic, wind, blast, tornado, and impact loading.
- Additionally, you will plan, coordinate, or prepare design and equipment specifications and evaluate vendors for Civil/Structural design and construction.
Education and Licensure Requirements:
- ABET-accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Professional Engineer registration is desired
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 7+ years of experience in civil/structural engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design codes and requirements is strongly desired, e.g. ACI 349, ACI 318.
- Experience with field evaluation/resolution of steel and concrete structural design issues is strongly desired.
- Working-level knowledge of the nuclear quality assurance program, e.g. NQA-1, ANSI 15.8 is desired.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of design-related calculations is strongly desired.
- Previous Nuclear Power Plant design/retrofit experience is desired.
- Familiarity with seismic design methodology is desired.
Desired Behavioral Attributes:
- Basic understanding of design/design configuration, project management, maintenance and procurement processes associated with large industrial plant equipment.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound engineering judgments based on experience and application of good engineering practices.
- Demonstrated strong planning, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with the ability to work independently while ensuring that goals and objectives are met.
- Capable of working efficiently and effectively across organizations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- A successful candidate must meet background screening and NRC Fitness for Duty requirements
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
Indeed Hire and (Insert Client Name Here) are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- civil and structural design codes and requirements (ACI 349, ACI 318): 3 years (Required)
- nuclear structural engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)