The successful applicant will provide system level expertise in mechatronics and test systems to the engineering team. This position will be a critical member of the design project team. The position requires a broad range of expertise; ability to work with minimal supervision; follow high-level directions; complete assignments on time and accurately; positive attitude; posess excellent troubleshooting skills, and bring out the best in other team members. While not being the lead expert in all areas, the successful applicant will have a strong diverse technical background in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering. They will also have an intimate knowledge of how these disciplines play together. The System Engineer will collaborate between the engineering team members and program management to ensure the customer receives a solution that meets their requirements.
Every position at Ideal Aerosmith plays an important role in sustaining a lean culture. A continuous improvement mindset is essential to reach the company's goals. The term continuous improvement means incremental improvement of products, processes, or services over time, with the goal of reducing waste to improve workplace functionality, customer service, and product performance.
- Conceptualize systems and perform detail design and integration.
- Develop specifications, test plans and other technical documentation.
- Perform system-level design (i.e. top-level diagrams); hardware design (i.e. schematics & wire lists). The assignment may also require software design (i.e. write code, write test programs); software/hardware integration.
- Develop test equipment requirements, proposals and compliance matrices
- Participate in design reviews and product development projects
- Lead challenging problem solving efforts for internal teams and customers
- Provide expertise to the integration team and customer support as assigned
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or equivalent in Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in mechatronics preferably with exposure to inertial sensors/systems testing, control systems, and/or the aerospace or military domains
- Experience in test engineering is a plus
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
Director of Program Management Revised 2019-February
- Must possess skills or ability to learn quickly in the following areas of Mechatronics:
o Mechanical Structures/Bearings
o Feedback Devices
o Industrial Electronics
o Control Systems
o Temperature and Process Controls
o Experience with one or more of the following:
Python, C, LabWindows, TestStand, or LabVIEW, C++, C#, Assembly languages, or database programming, ORCAD; Hardware/software integration experience;
o Experience with one of the following:
Matlab and Mathcad
o General Software Familiarity
- Work with individual project team members to help them problem solve from a system’s perspective
- Ability to work in a customer environment and interface directly with the customer.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to lift or move equipment/materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
- Ability to kneel, crouch and reach.