Mead O’Brien, Inc. is a family-owned company with a strong history of having people on our team for 20+ years and with roots dating back over 90 years. We specialize in valves & valve automation, steam & hot water products and systems, and instrumentation products with extensive product and application knowledge possessed by our sales force. We function as a problem solver, innovator, and best total cost provider to industries including Power, Refining, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, and HVAC & Institutional markets throughout all or part of ten states in the Midwest.
In this significant role you will be supporting our sales and operational efforts by providing exceptional service to our customers, ensuring customer requirements are met or exceeded in a timely and professional manner through such activities including:
- Review of project RFQs, specifications, P&IDs, and data sheets to assist with proposal preparation with instrument and equipment take-offs and performing appropriate application engineering for sizing and selection.
- Providing engineering support pertaining to process and project specifications.
- Generation of submittal and assembly documents, including creating of 2D or 3D drawings, as appropriate.
Additional duties include:
- Support sales and operations team with project bid preparation process.
- Ensure technical aspects of contractual obligations are addressed.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise related to our ERP system.
- Act as liaison between project-related personnel, internal and external.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer contact information.
- Provide timely and courteous resolution of customer issues or concerns.
- Provide Application Engineering assistance to Sales, as needed.
Based in our St. Louis, MO, office located near Page Ave. and Warson Rd, we are conveniently located with easy access to Westport Plaza, Creve Coeur, and to I-170, I-270, and Lindbergh Blvd.
- College degree (Engineering or technical preferred) or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project Management Software, Adobe, 2D CAD Software (3D SolidWorks preferred), and SharePoint applications.
- Positive mental attitude, mechanical aptitude, and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form.
- Working hours between 7:30am - 4:30pm
Interested individuals should submit three documents for considerations:
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest
- Contact information for three references
Equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- related industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement