MGA Research Corporation is a world leader in the automotive testing industry. As an independent, confidential, third party organization, we provide unbiased testing services for our customers, which include major vehicle OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, and NHTSA. We also provide testing services within the aircraft, train, bus and child seat industries. We currently operate in nine locations worldwide and have plans for further expansion in the next few years.
We are seeking individuals to fill entry level engineer positions at our Greer, SC location.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. MGA Research is an equal opportunity employer.
First Shift Test Engineer (Durability Lab)
This is a hands-on role that primarily involves managing and performing tests in our rapidly expanding durability test lab.
Engineers are expected to manage projects from start to finish which involves:
- Quoting and scheduling incoming test requests
- Interpreting technical specifications
- Communicating with customers in a clear and timely manner
- Working with and directing technicians to ensure accurate setup of test articles, fixtures and test equipment (requires kneeling and heavy lifting)
- Analyzing and interpreting test data
- Evaluating the performance of test articles using measurements, sensors and video analysis
- Documenting detailed test procedures and generating test reports
Other responsibilities include:
- Overseeing test equipment to ensure adherence to proper maintenance and calibration schedules
- Collaborating with other MGA facilities to maintain consistent operating practices and introduce improvements throughout the company
- Managing numerous continuous improvement initiatives without disruption of day-to-day testing activities
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for business growth
This is an entry-level position. Successful applicants will be able to learn quickly and interested in working in a hands-on, high-stakes environment with ample opportunities for professional development.
· Bachelor’s of Science in mechanical or electrical (or related engineering field)
· High attention to detail
· Ability to regularly lift 50 lbs unassisted
· Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems independently
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· General understanding of automotive parts and mechanics
· Experience with basic hand and power tools and/or basic metalworking
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location