Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Software QA Analyst, you would be an integral part of the design and implementation of Information Technology oriented business solutions. The person in this position assists in carrying out testing activities related to projects ensuring all deliverables are released to specification and the highest quality. This position will write and update test cases and create all appropriate tools, utilities, automation scripts and test data necessary to perform testing.
In this role you will...
1. Assist with design of system integration, regression, and UAT testing solutions utilizing business/functional requirements
2. Assist in the execution of test plans/scripts to ensure the highest level of quality is delivered
3. Ensure software development standards, policies and documentation requirements are met
4. Conduct defect management during the testing and warranty period of the project life cycle.
5. Document defects and work with technical and business community to resolve
6. Retest defects and close when applicable
7. Utilize provided tool sets to run automated test scripts used to perform regression testing when changes are made
8. Utilize tool sets to efficiently/effectively test new software development.
9. Understand how and why clients use the application
10. Maintain regular and predictable attendance
11. Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
12. Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
13. Work in the Information Technology Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understand generally accepted analysis and design techniques
- Possess excellent order and written communication skills and able to translate complex concepts/problems into clear and concise language
- Demonstrate effectiveness in complex problem solving situations
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interface with customers, clients and other departments and respond to requests both in written and verbal form
- Possess effective/appropriate communication skills that will help in both determining the customer’s/user’s exact needs and in disseminating the information to appropriate personnel
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Able to read and navigate through numerous computer windows in an efficient manner while speaking with customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Minimum one year of experience as a Software/QA engineer or related discipline
- Minimum one year experience translating business/functional requirements into test requirements
- One year experience with automated testing tools such as Mercury’s Test Director, WinRunner, QuickTest Pro, preferred
- Experience in designing and developing automation test suites for both UI and middle-tier, preferred
- Three years of SQL and testing Java-based and iSeries applications preferred
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Myself” tab
- Click on the “My Company” tab
- Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Works well as a member of a group
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization