Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Marshall, Michigan plant to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. You will be guiding on process improvements to our manufacturing activities. Our top candidate will have at least five years of experience carrying out manufacturing engineering activities within an automotive manufacturing environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Facilitate projects aimed at investigating, analyzing, and implementing process improvements to meet planned run at rates and standard costs.
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, SMED, Poke-Yoke) for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for PFMEAs, PPAP, process validation, and calculating KANBAN levels.
- Participate in APQP, Corrective Actions, MRB (material review board).
- Lead Kaizen teams for process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in manufacturing engineering within large manufacturing environment.
- Automotive supplier experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- automotive industry: 1 year (Required)
- plant manufacturing engineering: 3 years (Required)