Experience. Reputation. Excellence. Longevity. These are the hallmarks of Russo Development LLC. We are one of the most active, privately held developers of industrial, data center, residential, and mixed-use projects in northern New Jersey.
Over the past 50 years we have developed more than seven million square feet of premier commercial space, delivered approximately 1,840 luxury apartment units, completed more than 60 industrial projects and have become one of the largest owners of data center space in the New York metropolitan area. Now in our second generation of leadership, our privately-owned firm continues to surpass the needs of our tenants and residents and partners as one of the most successful niche development companies in the marketplace. After years of growth and success Russo Property Management LLC was established in 2017 to provide the highest quality residential and commercial management services at all properties owned or under development.
If you are looking to join company that offers an EXCELLENT salary and benefits package, opportunity for career growth and a true people first culture, then Russo Development / Property Management may be for you!
Russo Property Management is seeking a dedicated and reliable Property Manager to join our growing team. The Property Manager is responsible for implementing all management functions, managing leasing efforts and analyzing pricing strategies and absorption trends. The ideal candidate is a proactive, enthusiastic, organized self-starter with strong communication and strategic thinking skills.
The person chosen for this position will be placed at our newly developed, luxurious, multi-familiy property located in Wodbridge, NJ.
- Supervise on-site staff including Leasing Specialists, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technicians and other vendors. Plan, organize, and manage employee focused activities.
- Approve and submit invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Accounts, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor and accounting.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to property operations, and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Meet targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a timely manner, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status reports for management and owner.
- Work closely with senior management to recommend rental or amenity concessions based on current market conditions or limitations imposed by particular units.
- Work closely with Leasing Specialists to ensure all renewals or new leases meet or exceed the approved unit pricing.
- Track and push the marketing plan traffic goals to ensure adequate traffic and closing ratios for both new and existing leases.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding the market of the property. Keep informed about new development or redevelopments within the market and can discuss how these will impact the property. Build relationships with local business organizations or industry organizations to gain additional market information.
- Ensure all building operating systems such as elevators, boilers, mechanical systems, trash compactors are (as required) placed on a corporate-approved preventive maintenance program.
- Work closely with the immediate supervisor and Maintenance Manager to create a monthly preventive maintenance calendar.
- Facilitate employee development and retention through staff leadership, training opportunities that promote maximum productivity and position the employee for increased responsibilities and job growth.
- Coordinate services from vendors, software consultants, and other contractors;
- Ensure that the appearance and physical aspects of the property meet Ownership’s established standards.
- Provide information to and coordinate with affordable housing entities, government officials and lenders as needed.
- Establish methods for rent collection and coordinate with Accounting team.
- Establish and run weekly site meetings with senior manager and site staff to review maintenance work orders, capital improvement projects, resident feedback, leasing goals and obstacles, etc.
- Promote resident satisfaction and retention through staff leadership, social media review, communication, and innovative ideas.
- Coordinate community events to promote resident satisfaction.
- High School or GED education. BS degree Preferred
- 5 years of experience supervising a property team in a residential/community setting. Lease-up experience preferred.
- Must be available for weekend inspections, and weekday evening resident meetings, as necessary.
- Must be able to work within a team.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies at the property.
- Must have reliable transportation for emergencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
To ensure the health, safety and well being of our staff, we have implemented "Best Practice" procedures with regards to day to day operations and cleaning.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Yardi: 3 years (Preferred)
- Property Management: 3 years (Required)