Perform journeyman level duties in the installation, maintenance and repair of laundry facility and equipment; assume independent responsibility for the overall preventive maintenance of assigned laundry equipment.
· Perform routine operational checks on functional parts of washing and drying equipment to ensure efficient operation.
· Perform preventive maintenance on washing and drying equipment to include lubricating operational parts of machinery, cleaning and/or replacing filters, checking chemical levels and assisting in minor repairs to ensure efficient operation.
· Establish and maintain liaison with Director of Operations and Head Maintenance Engineer regarding maintenance requirements.
· Conduct periodic inspections of equipment to determine repair needs.
· Completes preventive maintenance programs for each piece of equipment using manufacturer’s recommendations.
· Keep accurate records of all preventive maintenance performed including materials and parts used.
· Assure warranty compliance of all new equipment.
· Maintain an equipment parts inventory.
· Conduct scheduled inspections of laundry equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions to include noisy bearings, broken belts, leaking faucets and pipes, blown fuses, etc.; make adjustments in equipment and temperature settings as necessary; clean or change filters; oil or grease motors.
· Keep shop area clean and orderly with each tool having a specific place for storage.
· Return tools and unused parts to proper place in storage area when task is completed.
· Checks with Plant Managers to ensure uninterrupted production if possible. Machines should be shut down for maintenance/preventive maintenance during breaks, lunch and either before or after production hours when possible.
· Perform scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, semi-annually, and annually preventive maintenance as recommended by equipment manufacturer.
· Respond immediately to fire alarms systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property; assist Public Safety in removing equipment from rooms as appropriate.
· Clean laundry equipment, area worked in, and tools when assignment is completed.
· Dispose of obsolete parts and hazardous waste in appropriate manner.
· Repair doors, door checks, locks, window frames, tables, chairs and other equipment in the facility as the need arises.
· Paint laundry equipment, piping, walls, etc. as necessary to maintain an aesthetically pleasing work environment.
· Recover piping as needed.
· This job is accessible to all exits, doors, and parking
· Maintain complete and accurate equipment down time log.
· Lock and secure all laundry buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate; repair broken locks and maintain keys to all buildings and facilities.
· Utilize lock out tag out policies every time a piece of equipment is worked on.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
· If tasks are not performed appropriately you will be given a verbal warning, following our policy and procedures after the (3) occurrences could lead to termination.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible