BICP, a leading edge BI&A, Advanced Analytics and Innovation Platforms consulting firm is looking to hire (2) Data Engineers in support of a multi-year transformation effort to build out a new Data Lake at a Fortune 500 retailer in Portland, Oregon. We currently have a team of 15+ on-site supporting multiple Geo’s with their drive to deploy NextGen platforms & analytics capabilities to support real-time decision making. Data Engineer will be a member of the Supply Chain Analytics team and is responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance, and support Supply Chain data assets including; Azure Data Lake and data warehouse development, dimensional modeling, package creation, SQL script creation, stored procedure development, integration services support among other responsibilities. Candidate must be an expert in SQL and be familiar with query optimization for data platforms such as Azure SQL DW, HDInsight, Teradata, SAP BW/HANA. Additional responsibilities and qualifications include the following:
- Continuously deliver and improve prioritized data assets that enable the growth of organizations global analytics, reporting and visualization solutions.
- Design, build, test and maintain data integration, ETL processes and data management delivery within a global data lake and data warehouse environment within the Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions.
- Identify project risks and impediments, notify management, and proactively work with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope, timelines, and budgets.
- Identify data quality issues and support Columbia’s data governance initiative by participating in necessary activities including data profiling.
- Participate in the use of Agile practices to elicit and refine requirements through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and delivering enterprise data asset solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience architecting, developing and/or managing the implementation of Business Intelligence solutions
- Expert in SQL including query optimization for data platforms including Azure SQL DW, HDInsight, Teradata, SAP BW/HANA.
- Expert in database concepts, including normalization, indexing, physical and logical modeling, creation of SQL queries and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with the Kimball methods of data warehousing techniques, standards and best practices.
- Experience with large scale data processing, data structure optimization and scalability of algorithms a plus
- Sound judgment and decision-making, and the appropriate sense of urgency and is a self-starter.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure: Data factory, data lake and data warehouse a bonus
- Experience in Supply Chain Data sources
If you’re looking to join an organization where there is tremendous growth opportunity, that operates with transparency and with a highly collaborative approach then BICP could be a great place to accelerate your career. We offer excellent compensation and we will reimburse the cost of relocation to Portland (if needed). Salaried, W2 Hourly and Corp-to-Corp candidates are eligible for consideration.
BICP is a leading-edge consulting firm focused on delivering innovative and transformative BI&A, Advanced Analytics and Big Data solutions to our customers. With deep experience across a diverse ecosystem of NextGen platforms, Analytics and Data Science applications we have the required product ambiguity and expertise to deliver truly best in breed solutions customized to our client’s specific business needs.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $90.00 /hour
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 2 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused