ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The overall usage and completeness of the plant Gage Trak or applicable database.
2. Identify possible improvements to existing gages.
3. Create report to manage gage recertification.
4. Track repair history of gages.
5. Track costs associated with premature failures of non-calibrated gages.
6. Make recommendations on increase or decrease frequency of calibrations based on historical data.
7. Retrieve quotes for costs effectiveness of repairing gages.
8. Manage vendor relationships.
9. Assist the plant in trouble shooting any issues for the floor CMM’s.
10. Assist the Plant Maintenance group in the repair and troubleshooting of gages failing.
11. Attend all required cross functional meetings.
12. Oversee and assist Gage Tech.
13. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customer.
14. Report and document non-conformances, CARs and continuous improvements.
15. Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards for the site.
16. Make decisions within limits of general standards or procedures.
17. Report near misses and incidents to site manager and cooperate with investigations.
18. Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work with little to no supervision
2. Ability to multitask
3. Attention to detail
4. Demonstrated proficiency in diagnostic skills
5. Demonstrated understanding of gaging methods and terminology
6. Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings
7. GD&T and blueprint design
8. Experienced in analysis of capable processes for machining, assembly and gaging
9. Comprehensive knowledge ISO standards
10. Gage design and review
12. Gage Calibration Management
13. Power user of Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Associate Degree and/or 3 years of machining experience
3. Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures
4. Microsoft Windows operation
5. Experience managing automotive industry vendors
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Gage Calibration Management: 5 years (Required)
- GD&T and blueprint design: 5 years (Required)
- Gage design and review: 5 years (Required)
- Automotive Industry: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative