Manage projects using the NPI process within the R&D Plastics Product Development Team; Design, Develop, Prototype, and Launch new products as requested by Marketing to meet customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, Maintain, and update Project Charters, and Project plans
- Plan, execute and analyze multi-phase prototype runs, analyze to determine if products, processes, and tooling meet functional and performance specifications and requirements
- Responsible for project documentation including, but not limited to, drawings, BOMS, manufacturing procedures, Control Plans, DFMEA, PFMEA and both raw material and finished goods specifications
- Performs work within cross-function teams across all sectors of the business
- Performs all work with attention to safety, quality, ergonomics. Contributes toward developing and maintaining standard procedures and document management as related to the Engineering group
- Support transfer of project solutions or new processes to on-going operations, through operator training and development of standard operating procedures, where applicable
- Generate ideas for new products and technologies from project work, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills utilizing Fishbone Diagram, 5W’s etc.
- Responsible for supporting the Policy Commitments of the ISO 14001 Environmental and Safety Management System
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment in accordance with all Safety Procedures and OSHA regulations
- Requires some travel to other plant locations, vendors and suppliers
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Plastics preferred, Chemical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering or other related fields
- 3-5+ years’ experience
- Proficient knowledge of statistics and probability and Six Sigma Tools.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Minitab software.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to self-pace learning including book, web-base and classroom participation
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing processes; such as extrusion.
- Knowledge of web handling and winding.
The Velcro Companies is a technology-driven, innovative global provider of fastening solutions that solve problems in simple, elegant, and surprising ways for businesses and consumers around the world. The company traces its history to 1941, when Swiss engineer George de Mestral was hiking in the Alps. He noticed burrs had attached themselves to his clothing by means of hundreds of tiny “hooks”, and was inspired to create the original hook and loop fastening system. Today, Velcro Companies owns over 400 active patents and numerous trademarks, including the VELCRO® mark, which is registered throughout the world.
With worldwide locations and a presence in more than twenty countries, Velcro Companies continues to innovate, creating new solutions that make life better. The company produces products across many key industries and markets including Personal Care, Transportation, Medical, Packaging, Construction, Industrial, Apparel, Military and Government. VELCRO® Brand products have secured AstroTurf in professional football stadiums and Kevlar plates in military apparel. VELCRO® brand products continue to provide unique solutions in everyday uses and are sold globally through some of the world’s top retailers providing hundreds of application and organizational ideas in the home, office, garage, and garden.
Velcro Companies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, disability, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.