Engineering Project Coordinator – High-Growth Working at Height Access Equipment Manufacturer
BACKGROUND: Jump right in to our dynamic Engineering and Manufacturing team as we continue our journey as the most innovative and responsive U.S. access equipment manufacturer. Based in West Palm Beach, FL, Bee Access makes and distributes temporary and permanent suspended access equipment including hoists, powered platforms, davits, tieback anchors, rigging, safety equipment and accessories, to the leading equipment rental companies in the world. Recognized multiple times as “Company of the Year” by our trade organization, we plan to double over the next few years with dozens of new products, supported by a passionate, collaborative and technical team.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Bee Access Engineering Project Coordinator will coordinate the work flow of the special projects being fabricated. They will confirm all parts/hardware has been ordered, assemble, then test and paletize the equipment to ship. This position is all encompassing being extremely hands-on with an understanding of the overall product while providing safe and high-performing equipment used by workers suspended at-height on buildings, industrial facilities, bridges and other worksites. Excellent advancement opportunity, with reporting to an experienced VP Engineering. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with communication skills to work with the engineering, purchasing and fabrication departments.
· Coordinate the special project work flow after engineering prints are released for fabrication.
· Organize and verify that all raw material and hardware has been ordered.
· Assemble the equipment (locate, clean, tap, assemble components to be tested).
· Fabricate some non-metal components when required (plastic, wood, etc. parts).
· Perform non-destructive and ultimate load testing of product.
· Perform and work with QC department to check the tested product (UV dye test of welds).
· Complete Test Reports of tested equipment.
· Paletize and ship product.
· Assist in new product development (provide feedback during concept phase, test product, etc.).
· Test new products to verify design intent.
· Develop a working knowledge of the applicable industry standards.
· Work with Engineering personnel to improve drawings, costs and manufacturing methods
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
· 2+ years experience in manufacturing environment, with construction industry exposure a plus
· 2+ years of experience reading and understanding manufacturing prints
· Strong mechanical mindset with firm grasp of product development and project management
· Strong organizational skills
· Capable of handling heavy equipment (50-75 lbs)
· Forklift experience is a plus but not required
· Local to West Palm Beach, FL area or willing to commute
COMPANY BENEFITS: Competitive salary, annual bonus plan, healthcare starting after 30 days of employment, 401k matching, two weeks of vacation, opportunity for advancement in an actively growing company and an environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Palm Beach, FL 33409: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- What is your minimum hourly pay requirement?
- Are you capable of handling heavy equipment (50-75 lbs)?
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Product development: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location