All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
- Must be willing to work weekends. The 40 hours dedicated to this position will include Saturday and Sunday coverage.
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 40 pounds and carry them for short distances
- May participate in group lifts of 41 pounds or more
- Willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Candidate must be able to pass a MVR background check for driving company vehicles
- Candidate must be able to pass a DOT background check
Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Specialist positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Safety & Operational Excellence.
Logistics Specialists monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities. They receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Datacenter Technicians and Engineers. They will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations.
This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products. Logistics Specialists will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. They must also maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all work spaces. They must be available to work weekend shift work.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment, as well as experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes. Experience handling vendor relationships is helpful.
Physical / Environmental Demands
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Typically work is in a warehouse environment where the noise level is moderate to loud.
- May also work is in a data center environment where the noise level is loud.
- Occasionally assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperature between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
Driver's License is required
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory and distribution warehousing practices
- Knowledge of IT Industry
- Previous Logistics experience
- Commitment to a culture of safety & security
- Knowledge of Inventory Management tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation