**For Enlistment Purposes Only**
The technical engineer supervises or participates in construction site development in areas such as technical investigation, surveys, drafts and construction plans/specifications. They conduct land surveys, make maps and prepare detailed plans for construction projects.
- Perform field and laboratory tests on construction materials, surveys and drafts
- Draw topographic maps and charts using Computer Aided Drafting systems and software
- Conduct geodetic and construction surveys and results utilizing Automated Integrated Survey Instruments and Global Positioning Survey Technology
- Draw diagrams for wiring and plumbing of structures
- Provide technical support for vertical and horizontal construction projects
- Build scale models of land areas that show hills, lakes, roads and buildings
Job training for technical engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Surveying and drafting techniques
- Aerial photo interpretation
- Architectural and structural drawing
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 card holder.
- Must be between the age of 17-34,
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass drug screen.
- No felony
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement