Valor Hospitality is a leading hotel management company that is a trend setter in the hospitality market. The company is recognized by owners, investors, developers, and guests as an innovative partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
Bridging the best of DC’s storied historic highlights and leafy residential neighborhoods, the Kimpton Banneker Hotel has one of the most enviable addresses in the District — on a tree-lined avenue with a view straight down 16th Street NW of the White House. A blend of cool minimalism and warm tones, the Banneker’s design offers homey comfort with a side of provocative art.
Clean and maintain all corridors and public areas in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards. Uphold all safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers and service trays, empty ash urn receptacles, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following safety and security procedures and regulations to include but not limited to: hallways, elevators, service and vending areas, stairwells, etc.
- Remove soiled linen, terry and trash from the service areas and take to the appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Aid section housekeepers as needed i.e. bed boards, roll-ways, additional linen, etc.
- Fulfill guest requests and handle guest problems/complaints as they may arise to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Report any missing articles, damage or mechanical problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn in all articles left in guest rooms to the Supervisor to log in Lost and Found.
- Secure and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times to protect and preserve hotel property. Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor always.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Some High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: No formal experience required for the position.
Skills and Abilities: Constantly pushing loaded supply cart from room to room, carrying tote tray with replacement amenities from department to assigned floor, arranging drapery and replacement linen, carrying dirty linen to laundry chute, operating vacuum. Communicate information, respond to question, and provide directions and hotel services to guests, vendors, staff member and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place