Thanks to state-of-the-art technologies, comprehensive know-how, our innovative strength and the special commitment of our customers HAHN Automation is one of the world's leading mechanical engineering companies. We develop innovative solutions that automate the production processes of numerous well-known customers. HAHN is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team.
Controls Engineers will design and program automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers). You will design sophisticated control and monitoring systems for some of the most strategic and important industries.
What is it like working for Hahn Automation?
- Our teams collaborate cross-functionally solving practical problems with no standard solution resulting in innovative outcomes.
- We thrive on innovation and thinking outside the box, every project brings new technologies and lessons learned.
- The work provides diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning.
Our work provides diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a general love for learning that provides personal and professional development.
Responsibilities of Controls Engineer:
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, commission industrial fieldbus networks: Profibus, Profinet, EthernetIP, and commission 3rd party devices
- Program multi-axis robotic systems from Kuka, Fanuc and ABB
- Program and debug Cognex vision systems
- Review initial electrical schematics and update electrical schematics for as-built changes
- Perform I/O Check for equipment
- Perform limited electrical, pneumatic and mechanical changes to equipment
Required Knowledge of Controls Engineer:
- Experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following programmable logic controllers (PLCs): Siemens S7, Allen Bradley RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000.
- Experience with HMI software; WinCC flex, PanelBuilder, RSView / RSView 32
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, effective communication skills, strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Ability to deal with and manage difficult situations
- Must be flexible enough to travel and work overtime as required to support the customer when needed
- Must be quick learner as each project is unique and requires adaptation from previous experience
Required Education of Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years applied engineering experience is required
- Employees must have an active passport at all times during their employment
Selected controls engineer candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; we are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. No relocation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)