Justin J Reeves, LLC (JJR Construction) is looking for a Construction Estimator.
Established in 2008, Justin J. Reeves, LLC (JJR Construction) has consistently grown over the past decade. What began as a local commercial construction company has grown to become a full-service project management and construction business with an expansive portfolio throughout the state of Louisiana.
In 2018, JJR Construction was proud to be included on Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 5000 fastest growing companies in the nation, and recognized as the 12th fastest growing company in Louisiana!
Our employees are our greatest asset and our team is made up of talented self-starters with imagination, creativity and vision; individuals who are original thinkers, possess the drive to achieve quick results, and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful organization. Ideal candidates will have a desire to be part of a demanding, high-performance team operating in a high-growth environment.
Commercial/Federal Construction Estimators are responsible for the timely and cost-effective completion of a wide variety of commercial and Federal Government construction projects, including IDIQ's & MATOC. Estimators serve as the primary responsible party for all project-related estimating activities.
Job Duties * include, but not limited to
- Prepare bids, conceptual cost models, and budgets; perform quantitative analyses of construction documents and project program requirements
- Lead and oversee the preparation of accurate conceptual cost models, budgets, and guaranteed maximum pricing based on historic cost data and/or subcontractor input as appropriate.
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, scheduled, phasing, and staffing.
- Analyze project program, design, costs, and subcontractor input and provide comparisons, cost savings, value engineering options, and other recommendations.
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and presentations.
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants (i.e. contractor, owner/developer, design professionals, and subcontractors).
- Act strategically to help drive innovation and new business.
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate responsibility
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Communicate inconsistencies in the bid documents to subs, owners and architects
- Search / look for possible new projects for the company.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business Administration, Project Management or related field from an accredited university or Equivalent Experience
- Strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- Preference given for experience in government and/or industrial projects
- General Construction Estimating
- Experience with Civil & Site Takeoff
- Experience working with P-6 Scheduling software
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative