We are currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Structural Engineer to strengthen our transportation Structural Engineering group, with the drive and desire to one day lead it. Our seasoned structural engineering staff will provide guidance as you refine your abilities to effectively spearhead exciting and challenging structural projects. You will gain firsthand experience in performing structure condition inspections, planning, detailed design, and construction plan development of highway bridges, culverts, and retaining walls primarily for Illinois DOT and Illinois Tollway transportation projects; all while practicing the finer aspects of Structural Engineering (attention to detail, client interaction and satisfaction, verbal and written communication, time management, and mentoring of junior engineers).
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in the design and analysis of transportation structures (bridges, culverts, and retaining walls).
- Determination to obtain Structural Engineer (S.E.) certification in Illinois.
- Proficiency with MicroStation, Power GeoPak, or AutoCAD computer-aided design software.
- Willingness to accept, learn, and grow through constructive feedback.
Special consideration will be made for:
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) certification in Illinois.
- Structural Engineer (S.E.) certification in Illinois.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to correspond effectively through electronic and verbal means.
- Prior satisfactory completion of the two week Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges training course.
Lin Engineering, Ltd. is a civil engineering firm with over 25 years of dedication to client satisfaction. We are classified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and provide services in both prime consultant and subconsultant roles; and are pre-qualified to work with entities such as the Illinois Department of Transportation, the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, the Iowa Department of Transportation, and Metra. Our management philosophy is built on exceeding client expectations for service and quality, while adhering to production schedules for each and every project.
Our diverse and highly skilled team of 20 engineers and surveyors is distributed nearly equally in number between the Springfield and Westmont office locations. We are proud to offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), medical and dental insurance, and paid overtime. This opening is exclusive to our Springfield, Illinois location. Local candidates preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- Structural Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Parental leave