Sterling Computers has a fully funded program looking to hire for the following role. Some of our employees have been on this program 18 years now.
DevSecOps Systems Engineer
Contingent (upon clearance approval/transfer)
Position Description / Other Requirements:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Work with the Systems Engineering/System Administration team in rolling out Ansible for Infrastructure as Code system builds.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to understand customer business needs, priorities and to define system and technical requirements, including both functional and non-functional, to support system development within the SAFe Agile methodology.
- Work closely with the PaaS contractor and the customer to develop conceptual, logical, and physical designs and implement hybrid cloud solutions utilizing commercial infrastructure, platform, and software as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) offerings
- Work with the PaaS contractor and the customer to develop DevSecOps solutions integrating the AWS government cloud with software and services hosted on-premise at the customer site
- Work with PaaS contractor to develop federated identity solutions (e.g. PKI-CAC) between on-premise and AWS Gov Cloud.
- Work with PaaS contractor to define and implement secure cloud configurations/architectures, including integration with on-premise infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain software solutions / scripts to support automation of software builds/deploys
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or another Engineering field of experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- Systems engineering experience across the full systems development life cycle, requirements development, design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience developing conceptual, logical, and physical diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing, configuring, and managing secure networking solutions to support communications between internal (e.g. on-premise) and external (e.g. cloud) systems
- Experience developing, configuring, and managing cloud-based systems supporting enterprise web-based applications
- Experience developing system solutions (both cloud and on-premise) in a secure environment that are required to meet DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance is acceptable.
- Willingness to obtain CompTIA Security + CE Certification before start
- Current, active interim Secret (or higher) clearance
- Current CompTIA Security + CE Certification or higher
- Appropriate certification as required by DoD Directive 8570 (such as CISSP, CASP) for an IASAE Level II Position.
- AWS Certification (e.g. Solutions Architect, DevOps)
- 5+ years of experience in cloud based environments including the development of solutions that are based on a hybrid-cloud architecture and utilize DevSecOps pipelines
- Experience developing solutions for high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts and supporting server and storage engineering activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications within a SAFe Agile environment
- AWS CloudFormation/TerraForm scripting expertise
- Python scripting experience
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.