NRI Distribution is a specialist in providing North American logistics services to apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories manufacturers in the outdoor, action sports, fashion and lifestyle industries. We are champions in both wholesale and ecommerce fulfillment. At NRI a high level of service is a MUST, while providing an enjoyable and freedom-centric workplace to our team members. Both the Client and our team member experience is very important to us!
We fundamentally believe that one’s mindset establishes the foundation for success in our environment and look for people that live by and embrace a winning attitude with a propensity for action.
We recognize the opportunities technology brings in an environment of continuous improvement as well as change. Can you challenge process and be collaborative? Do you prefer to identify opportunity and present solutions to leadership? Are you comfortable in a relationship where you create results every day to justify your role and add value to the team? We view the realities of budget constraints and ROI as challenges and not limitations, do you? If you appreciate new tech solutions, simplicity, data driven decisions and initiating change, while acting by the principals of living with integrity, leading through action and delivering excellence while creating harmony and sustainability for all, keep reading.
To learn more about us please visit us online via our website (www.nri-distribution.com) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NRIdistribution). Seriously, check out our website, we’re pretty awesome. And we work with some pretty cool brands too.
Our software development team has built our own warehouse management system and this system is critical to the success of our business. We are looking to expand our team with a Software Quality Assurance.
The Software QA is responsible for building and maintaining the automated tests and builds a pipeline that enables the software development team to rapidly and efficiently deliver high quality software. The Software QA is the last line of defense against implementation errors so this person must have an attitude of personal ownership and feel responsibility for the success of the software product. The Software QA participates directly in the planning of work and develops tests in parallel with the Software Developers writing application code. Upon code completion and functional review, the Software QA is the one who confirms that the code is bug free and makes the decision whether the feature will be marked for release or not.
For the right person we are flexible for this position to be remote or in one of our locations. We have facilities in Los Angeles, Fontana, Riverside and Chino, California; in Surrey and Kamloops, British Columbia; and in Montreal, Quebec.
All About You
Things You Can Do:
- Excellent Office 365 skills.
- If remote, has the ability to travel to see the team (once safe to do so).
- Acts as the team conscience and ensures that all work delivered to customers meets a stringent definition of done.
- Able to understand and interpret customer needs to provide an excellent level of service.
- Challenges status quo.
- Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner with anyone and builds relationships across departments.
- Builds and contributes to team comradery.
- Takes personal accountability and end to end ownership of a solution or obstacle.
- Willing to put in the extra effort when it really counts.
- Has a sense of pride in work and end product.
What Gets You Excited:
· Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
· Ongoing learning opportunities.
· Experience working with a warehouse management system.
· Involvement in the local community or volunteerism.
· Microsoft SQL Server experience is an asset.
· Microsoft Azure cloud development experience is an asset.
· Experience working with Git, Stash and/or Jira is an asset.
The Must Haves
· Experience in software testing.
· Experience in an Agile software development environment.
· Experience working with a warehouse management is an asset.
· Must live the NRI leadership principles (please visit our website to look these up).
*If this describes you then please keep reading!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creates and updates automated tests for new and changed functionality.
· Develops automated UI tests in tools such as TestComplete that work through expected use cases and validate that functionality is working as expected in a simulated real-world environment
· Develops API tests using tools such as Postman to verify API behaviour
· Tests both success and failure states of the application
· Runs regression suites and interpret results to find unanticipated impacts from code changes
· Investigates and troubleshoots test failures to help developers understand and correct issues
2. Performs manual testing of software when required.
· Walks through difficult to automate scenarios manually to verify functionality
· Innovates and develops new automated testing strategies to continually reduce manual testing
3. Manages and maintains our build pipeline and other software delivery infrastructure.
· Creates new build profiles and configurations for continuous software delivery
· Configures build server to automatically execute unit and integration tests
· Updates and improves publish process for efficiency and reliability
4. Works closely with software development team to facilitate, inform and guide development work.
· Participates in planning and discovery meetings for features
· Estimates testing effort and help team plan for successful development, testing and delivery of work in a single sprint
· Engages with software developers to discuss functionality and expected use cases
5. Manages releases
· Validates the features that will be included in a given release
· Initiates and monitors the release process
· Upon release completion, verifies that changes were applied, and software is functioning normally
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
· Competitive salaries;
· Choice benefits plan;
· Flexible and fun work environment;
· Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
· Autonomy in decision making;
· Profit share program;
· Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
· Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization
To apply please visit https://nriusallc.applytojob.com/apply/QEqAxnyv5O/Software-Quality-Assurance-North-America-Remote-Opportunity
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Quality Assurance: 3 years (Preferred)