Structured Communication Systems is a leading information technology consultancy and systems integrator. We are experts at architecting and implementing secure and reliable solutions for delivering business applications, ensuring business continuity, enhancing data center performance and efficiency, enabling mobile workers, securing information assets and providing information security and governance.
Structured has immediate openings in Anchorage, Alaska for a Help Desk Systems Engineer (on site contractor position). This position is responsible for assisting customers by acting as the first line for incoming communication, the coordinating of information and trouble shooting. In addition, this position will be responsible for installing and/or configuring systems and appliances for Structured’s various vendor partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in order to meet the qualifications required to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as the first line for incoming customer communication to Structured’s managed services team.
- Ability to take appropriate actions, including basic service coordination to Tier 1 triage/troubleshooting.
- Design product implementation plans for customers of Structured.
- Install and/or configure systems and appliances for Structured’s various vendor partners.
- Provide project management services (when appropriate).
- Responsible for identifying professional service opportunities for security, networking, storage/systems and voice & mobility opportunities.
- Assist with sales opportunities in conjunction with Structured’s sales personnel.
- Assist in defining Structured’s value proposition to end-users.
- Create detailed documentation and maintain an organized customer database.
- Follow the current policies and procedures for tracking activities in Structured’s various CRM tools.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of Structured’s Managed Services team.
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Foster and maintain relationships with customers, prospective customers and vendors.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product and application knowledge.
- Provide input for professional service statements of work (“SOW”) and create SOW’s as directed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Information Systems or equivalent or 2-years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
General Office Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/Service Delivery platforms.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit or step up to access equipment within a data center environment; use hands to, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and twist. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance (at least equal to the state’s minimum coverage requirements), as well as have the ability to travel to customer locations and other destinations for short to medium term projects.
The working conditions characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in both a general office environment, as well as a data center environment. Within the general office environment both the lighting and temperature are generally moderate. The data center environment is generally cool in temperature and the lighting is moderate; the noise level in the data center environment is generally loud.
Flexibility to field phone calls, pager or system alerts and provide remote and/or on-site support to clients outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays.
Our organization provides a full compensation package that facilitates development and growth. The benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, group life and AD&D insurance, and long and short-term disability coverage and 401(k). We also provide training on mutually agreed upon professional goals through a combination of self-study courses, formal training, and on-the-job training. Obtaining industry based certifications is highly encouraged.
*Structured is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.00 to $26.00 /hour