The Product Owner provides technical insight into the product process at CentralSquare, creating and documenting the technical specifications for a variety of software products. This role works closely with the product managers to understand product requirements and translate those requirements into a technical specification. The Product Owner works with vendors, clients and third parties to understand, define and document the scope of the product and/or feature. The role works closely with developers to ensure the product being delivered meets the specification and with quality assurance to ensure that delivered system is properly tested and meets the product requirements. The Product Owner will assist the product managers in the deployment of new products. The role requires the ability to interface with every corporate department, existing customers, prospective customers, business partners and market and industry analysts.
- Works independently and interdependently with colleagues and clients on multiple concurrent projects to gather and analyze business requirements, interpret needs, and document functional and technical requirements.
- Works with engineering to elaborate requirements, design and user interface concepts.
- Interacts with product managers, engineering, QA and documentation teams to ensure that designs and completed product features meet customer expectations and market demands as established in operational scenario and requirements documentation.
- Works proactively to facilitate and negotiate with customers to achieve consensus on objectives, problems definition, and solution requirements.
- Develops and maintains an expert understanding of CentralSquare products and other complementary technology.
- Develops and manages various types of documents that will guide product development and delivery.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of user-conferences, trade shows, and sales demos.
- Attends industry meetings and participate in public safety association activities.
- Ability to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or technical field, Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
- 2 years as a Product Owner or software design experience.
- Knowledge of product management methodology and processes.
- Experience working within a product development process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, a rich blend of business and technical savvy, with the ability to manage numerous tactical priorities effectively at any given time
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Analytics.
- Experience in the public safety a plus.