This position ensures that all geotechnical work being performed is in accordance with design drawings, industry standards and Client requirements
- Ensure company and client requirements are given the highest priority during all phases of construction and or mapping.
- Development of project scope and manage projects from conception to completion
- Perform lab and field testing as required to meet internal and client requirements.
- Prepare geotechnical reports for clients including all applicable soil strength parameters and design capacities.
- Provide daily observation reports for all field work being performed, including photographs taken during the progression of the inspection.
- Monitor construction sites to ensure overall compliance
- Confirm all aspects of construction are carried out in accordance with industry standards, local building code, and design drawings, including excavation, rebar placement, subgrade conditions and back filling operations
Education and Certificates:
- Bachelors Civil Engineering with a focus Geotechnical Engineering - REQUIRED
- ACI Level I Field Testing Concrete Certification, PREFERRED
- ICC Certified Soil Special Inspector certification, REQUIRED
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector certification, REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to analyze geotechnical problems and develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer programs, including MS Office.
- Ability to accurately take and record measurements specified in design drawings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to travel to construction sites across the United States
- Heavy equipment and or excavator experience
- Be able to perform physically demanding labor such as shoveling, lifting and pick axing.
- Being an adaptable and accountable team member.
Work Environment Conditions:
Environment conditions may change based on the demand for field work. Candidate may be working in an office setting or working on active construction sites.
SGS (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Geotechnical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- ICC Certified Soil Special Inspector (Required)
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Special Inspector (Required)
- ACI Level I Field Test Concrete (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off