The Defense and Intelligence Group has an opening for a Process Controls Engineer in Reston, Virginia. The primary focus of the group is understanding WMD-related facilities and interoperability of systems. Candidate must bring a creative, yet sound, approach to identifying and solving challenges with these interrelated systems in a customer setting, and have exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to thoroughness. The successful candidate will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of government and contractor personnel conducting Weapons of Mass Destruction Analysis. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment within a government facility.
Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and engineering expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected facilities.
Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ poly level clearance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field (electrical, chemical, etc.) and work-related professional certifications.
- 5+ years of process controls experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Strong background in controls /Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
- Professional Engineering Certification
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning is a strong plus.
- Experience with Rockwell PLC (or comparable), HMI & SCADA programming.
- Allen Bradley, FactoryTalkView, GE Fanuc, Modicon, Schneider Electric, Siemens, DeltaV, Wonderware, Emerson, VFDs
- Building Management Systems (BMS), Industrial HVAC, Central Plant Utilities background.
- Industrial Process, Water/Wastewater, Nuclear, Data Centers, Cogen Plants, Combined Cooling, Heating & Power
- Cooling towers, chillers, UPS, Power Monitoring.
- Cybersecurity experience - Monitoring advanced threats and managing security services.
- IT/Networking Certification (CISSP/SSCP, CEH, etc).
- Experience with penetration testing.
- Familiarity with packet capture and analysis techniques.