The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
As the Systems Engineer Associate, you will provide systems engineering support for the Fleet Ballistic Missile, Reentry Flight Test Projects team. Reentry Flight Test Projects is responsible for development, build, test and delivery of instrumented Reentry Bodies (RBs).
You will Interact with System Engineers, Software and Hardware Design Engineers, Customer and Contractor Counterparts, and other LM organizations.
In this dynamic role you will:
- Develop and verify requirements
- Participate in systems engineering design reviews
- Coordinate multiple disciplines to achieve project landmarks including design (mechanical, electrical, RF & Software), flight sciences, and Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T)
- Present requirements to internal and external customers
- Occasional travel may be required
Typical minimums to be successful in this role will include a bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials Science, etc.)
- Experience working in a small team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance clearance therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation and people skills are necessary to be successful in this position as we coordinate with multiple disciplines daily. The position also has the potential for briefings to leadership as well as our Navy technical counterparts.
- Some knowledge of one or more of the following Systems Engineering disciplines: requirements management, risk management, system architecture development, interface requirements development, test plan/procedure development, technical decision making (i.e. trade studies), technical measurements (e.g. TPMs or KPPs), system safety analysis.
- Knowledge of Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs’ Reentry Systems’ products and performance.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting engineering drawings is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College