*Staffing Requisition – Full Time (2019-018)
St. Inigoes, MD
Our engineering team supporting Combat Integration and Identification Systems has an immediate opening for an experienced Systems Engineer with expertise in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML. The position is located at a US Navy facility in Southern Maryland in support of Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) technology and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork. The successful candidate must be willing to locate to St. Mary’s County, Maryland and possess, or be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
This engineer will be using SysML tools to model detailed design and requirements for a Combat Identification System. The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in SysML, using tools such as NoMagic Cameo (preferred), I-Logix/Telelogic/IBM Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect (EA), or Vitech CORE. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable functioning at the lower layers of SysML models including Software, Hardware, Firmware, and Electrical design and requirements MBSE abstractions.
- System architecture & design;
- Requirements management, capture & decomposition;
- System Test procedures including Test Case Development & Formal testing practices
- System integration;
- Engineering Non-Recurring-Expense (NRE) Estimation;
- Engineering Project Planning & Management;
In addition to the general skills listed, the ideal candidate will bring experience from the following specific technologies and engineering tools:
- Digital Communication Theory and techniques
- RF Communication Theory
- Aircraft Secondary Surveillance Radar Techniques
- Dedicated requirements management tools such as Telelogic/Rational/IBM DOORS;
- Change Request / Change Management (CR/CM) tracking tools such as IBM ClearQuest.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field desired
The candidate must have well developed oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate system design information to a large spectrum of engineering disciplines as well as non-technical stake-holders. Additionally, the position requires above-average writing skills, creativity in problem solving, and an ability to act independently as well as an effective part of a team. Evidence of prior successful leadership experience is a plus.
This position requires, at minimum, a Secret security clearance or eligibility for same.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply on line at http://www.goctsi.com EEO/Vet/Disability.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.|
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Other types of insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules