Engineer I position within the Gene Therapy BioProcess Development Pilot Facility. Candidate must be motivated and innovative with exceptional analytical and communication skills.
1) Assist with scale up design and execute laboratory experiments with minimal guidance
2) Perform independent data recording, analysis, and troubleshooting
3) Establish manufacturable large-scale cell culture operations
4) Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations
5) Support maintenance tasks for laboratory instrumentation and collaborate with outside vendors/suppliers for new technology evaluations
6) Interact with contract manufacturing organizations through technology transfer activities and person-in-plant support
1) Proven record of successfully planning and executing projects and experiments
2) Strong analytical skills
3) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4) Ability to perform in a rapidly changing development environment
5) Knowledge and experience in mammalian cell culture / viral vector production operations (aseptic operations, cell biology, biochemistry, analytical techniques, bioreactor operations)
6) Knowledge and experience in large-scale bioreactor operations
7) Strong organizational skills and ability to plan & execute in-lab tasks
8) Skilled in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other tools. Knowledge of statistical software applications, including DoE, is a plus
9) Knowledge and experience with viral vector related biology and/or manufacturing a plus
Bioengineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline:
B.S. or M.S. with 0-2 years’ experience in the Biotech / Biopharma industry
- Other relevant expertise in Science or Engineering will be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.