Established in 1969, SWBR has grown into one of the largest architecture and engineering firms in Upstate New York. We provide architecture, structural engineering, landscape architecture, and sustainable design, interior design and graphic design services to our clients.
At SWBR, we’ve created a supportive team-based work environment that affords opportunities for individuals to attain professional and personal goals. With our past success leading to continued growth, we are continually seeking creative, energetic team players that share our core values of client satisfaction, quality design, professional development, diversity and respect, and personal growth.
We are currently seeking a full-time Structural Engineer to join our Rochester team. The ideal candidate has experience with wood-frame construction design and application of building codes and reference standards.
Flexible work schedule with remote options available.
- Designs structure and details individual components; prepare schematic structural system.
- Coordinates the project with the Project Architect and other engineers (e.g. mechanical).
- Oversees the production of specific jobs and completes the drafting and documentation; delegate pieces of design and review work.
- Occasionally meet directly with the client; perform field visits to observe progress.
- Participate in the review of project schedules, construction costs and project status.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a 4 or 5-year undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology, along with 5 years of previous experience is preferred.
- Licensed Engineer preferred.
- Experience with wood-frame construction design preferred.
- Experience with application of building codes and reference standards (IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, NDS) preferred.
- Be an advanced-level user of RAM and Enercalc.
- Be an intermediate-level user of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.
SWBR offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and provides a creative environment. Applicants interested in joining a progressive, energetic and family-friendly firm that rewards hard-working team players should view our website at www.swbr.com/careers to apply.
SWBR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Currently, all staff required to wear masks when they step away from their desks, all surfaces are disinfected regularly throughout the work day, limited visitors (masked), physical distancing
- related Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location