Senior Compliance Engineer
Do you want to work for a company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding, People First culture that values relationships, trust, taking the long view and innovation, then we are the company for you.
As a Senior Compliance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring products are designed and manufactured in full compliance with all applicable directives, regulations, and legislative requirements, both domestic and international. Additionally, you are responsible for correctly interpreting standards and understanding all agency concepts and processes. In this role, you are considered the subject matter expert regarding standards that apply to Henny Penny’s products.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee owned. As an employee owner, you are eligible to participate in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service.
- Annual company performance bonus
- Ability to work from home
- Defined career paths to help you get where you want to go
- Professional Development opportunities including unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses and tuition reimbursement
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Employee activities including department outings, holiday parties and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Open projects with certifying agencies.
- Review product changes to ensure continued compliance.
- Ensure internal and external certification questions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Conduct design assessments to the applicable standard.
- Ensure all products that require agency certification are certified on time and on budget.
- Oversee all product certification audits – work with organizational groups to resolve non-compliances.
- Review and ensure test data are compliant with applicable standards.
- Understand the correct application of the product standards.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Understand each certification agencies requirements.
- Ensure identified agency requirements are implemented in a timely manner.
- Create a compliance test plan and execute to completion with minimal guidance.
- Investigate and answer complex certification questions.
- Review new product designs and determine the correct certification requirements.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Math or Engineering
- 7+ Years’ Experience in Compliance
- Working knowledge of electrical theory
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Collaboration skills
- Ability to interpret standards so they can be applied to products
- Working knowledge of agency concepts and processes.
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Advanced knowledge of all products standards and agency processes
- Working knowledge of EMC and control projects
We’re known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day 100,000,000 people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We’re a behind-the-scenes engine in the world’s most demanding kitchens. We’re confident you’ve heard of our customers — including long-term partners like McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, KFC, Wendy’s. We’re 760+ employee owners who thrive by living a People First mission. It’s a mission to enable all employees to be the best version of themselves by learning, growing, and thriving both personally and professionally. We are currently undergoing the largest expansion in our history with an addition of 150,000 square feet to our Eaton Building. This expansion will help us continue developing the world’s most reliable, easy-to-use equipment.
Where We’re Located – Eaton, Ohio
View Your Commute
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please complete the online application and attach your resume at www.hennypenny.com/careers.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time