Trillion is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET) who is self-motivated, team player, positive, and thinks out of the box. They will support Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the Grants Modernization program (FEMA GMM). The FEMA GMM program represents a multi – year effort for IT Modernization and Transformation that will better enable citizens and first responders to apply for and be awarded Federal disaster and non-disaster grants. The Trillion team is responsible for new application development, maintenance, enhancement, and operation.
This position is in Herndon, VA and will require occasional travel (2-3 times a month) to DC and Winchester for customer meetings.
- Implement End-to-End Test Automation and Tools Strategies/Roadmaps, including performance and load testing.
- Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation. Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with BAs and developers.
- Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports.
- Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use).
- Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
- US Citizen and able to obtain Public Trust
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline with 9 years IT experience
- 3 years of experience with quality assurance/quality control processes, tools and best practices
- Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
- 5 years of experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in cloud environment.
- 4 years of demonstrated experience in Selenium Grid/WebDriver, Cucumber/Gherkin, jUnit, TestNG
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration in Jenkins, Maven, or Git
- Participate in Project Planning and Reviews as well as Test Design, Execution, and Assessment of Results for Solution Delivery Services (SDS) Software Development Projects. Examples of detailed task assignments – might vary by specific project
- Support the definition/design of a project's Test environment.
- Review input artifacts for testability and Participate in preparation of test data
- Create and execute project test scripts. Functional and non-functional including (not limited to) Data/database, interface, business functionality, performance, load, usability, and security.
- Design and write automated regression test packages.
- Develop/perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) database testing using SQL.
- Log and communicate test findings to the project manager for resolution of issues.
- Track and report testing activities/status
- Transfer test scripts and knowledge to Application Support team to facilitate regression testing of production releases.
- HP Test Suite desired, or similar testing suite;
- Configuration of automated testing tools and developing automated test scripts;
- Development of Test Cases, and Automated Test Scripts;
- Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint and MS Team Foundation Studio experience required.
- Pro-actively seek and promote ideas/mechanisms to support management's strategic direction for the Test Discipline and improve its Software Development Methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Software Testing of applications that complied with the applicable organization's Software Development Lifecycle Methodology standards.
- Experience with traditional, DevOps and agile software testing required.
- Experience developing organization specific metrics to measure and improve Software Testing.
- Experience working in adaptive methodologies like Agile, DevOps and Scrum, etc.
- Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance.
- Experience in all or some of the following programming platform:
- Linux and Bash command line
- RESTful APIs/JSON, SOAP
Trillion is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.