As a Curriculum Editor, you will join the Canonical team to assume editorial responsibilities of the Certified Ubuntu Engineer (CUBE) courseware and exams. You will be creating a consistent tone and feel for the written material of the CUBE Program. Other duties will include the creation and maintenance of the CUBE style guide. You will also assist with the care and maintenance of the SaaS Platform, engage with the Ubuntu community through various means including Ubuntu.com ( http://ubuntu.com/ ), IRC, Slack, Twitter and industry events.
As a member of the CUBE team, you will collaborate across Canonical with software developers, product managers, technical writers, information architects, quality assurance engineers and technical support engineers.
Essential skills and expertise
- BS/BA or equivalent in English, Computer Science, Technical Communication, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in editing written content with a technical focus. (e.g. edited a book)
- Effective written and spoken communication
- Ability to translate complex topics into understandable, digestible topics
- Must be flexible and enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working effectively as part of a distributed team
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed for internal events
Desired skills and expertise
- Curriculum development
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources
- Familiarity with high-level programming languages a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of HTML, Markdown and other documentation technologies a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of test certifications, training production, test creation methodologies a plus
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with OpenStack, Kubernetes, Linux Containers
- Familiarity with the Open edX platform
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control systems.
- Additional language skills a plus