- Review and schedule daily tasks that are assigned by Engineers or Manager
- Prepare test equipment for proper operation and verify calibration
- Understand the operation of the equipment under test
- Setup tests in accordance with work instructions/standards and/or Test Engineer’s instruction
- Complete data sheets and take pictures of test setup
- Manage project documentation in accordance with training
- Monitor test, as needed
- Collect and review the accuracy of test data
- Unpack, store, control, repack customer equipment.
- Build and repair test equipment.
- Interface with and update Engineers and Manager on status of projects.
- Some fabrication/machining work.
- Organization and clean-up of work station and the environmental laboratory, including putting away tools, storing customer equipment and sweeping.
- Maintain METrak (RFB, task status, project review, etc.)
- Perform in house calibration, measurement uncertainty budgets and calculation in accordance with ISO 17065.
- Perform function checks on equipment returned from calibration (or outside the depts. possession)
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by management and for which management believes adequate experience exists, or for which knowledge can be easily obtained in order to perform such duties.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Ability to follow mechanical and electrical setup diagrams/instructions
- Basic understanding of physics, electricity and electronics
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices, such as antennas
- Ability to safely use power tools and perform light machining
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- College Degree or 4 year of related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)