Industry Field: Robotics, Automation, large-scale 3D Printing, Manufacturing
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
The position entails research and development in the emerging technology field of large scale 3D printing for applications such as construction. Responsibilities include designing, prototyping, fabricating and testing mechanical systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Electro-mechanical design, development and documentation for systems of varied complexity from concept through production. Designs integrating industrial electro-mechanical system components, including motors, gears, bearings, sensors, actuators, servo drivers.
- Develop and document test equipment for electro-mechanical assemblies. Analysis, design, and testing at the component and systems level.
- Working side by side with technical staff to utilize design elements that directly add value to prototyping methods, providing innovative ideas where applicable.
- Conduct design reviews and take ideas from concept to reality. This includes designing and performing engineering and prototype builds as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical engineering and/or related field with 2+ years industrial environment experience.
- Experience and hands-on skills in mechanical design, fabrication and familiar with industrial safety standards of conduct.
- Solid understanding and experience with servo motor/actuator design and motion control systems, including motors, gears, bearings, sensors, actuators, servo drive.
- Capable of coding microcontrollers.
- Effective, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with CAD software, such as SolidWorks, Inventor and CATIA.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T.)
- Limited travel may be required.
- Integrity, motivation and teamwork spirit in a startup environment.
- High-tech, product-development based environment.
- Growing organization with unique focus on Research & Development.
- Highly competitive employment terms.
- Health insurance and competitive benefits.
This position offers opportunities for career growth and experience of bringing innovative products to market. Contour Crafting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $66,000.00 to $94,000.00 /year
- mechatronics: 2 years (Required)
- mechanical engineering: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)