Robert Weed Corporation (RWC) is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer for its operations.
Be a part of RWC’s 2.0 Transformation. We are poised for Supply Chain excellence. We have big aspirations and we hope you do as well. Come join us in building the new RWC. Since 1966, we have been supplying companies—many of which are a part of the RV industry—with high-quality wood products and composite materials.
And while we may be best known for our work in the RV industry, we supply our products to a wide range of industries, from hospitality to health care, and create partnerships with anyone seeking the services we provide. We pride ourselves not just on the diverse capabilities of our products, but also on our commitment to staying one step ahead for our customers, no matter the industry.
The fundamental purpose of this position is to continuously improve the functioning and overall efficiency of the business in all areas while simultaneously developing a lean culture. As a continuous improvement engineer your duties are to recognize opportunities for improvement, analyze data, develop and execute improvement plans, provide guidance for employees, and implement and teach lean manufacturing practices.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify waste and variation.
- Perform Value Stream Mapping.
- Analyze production processes, collect and analyze data, and perform time studies.
- Design and implement production processes, standardize tasks/processes, develop work instructions and procedures.
- Facilitate Kaizen/Continuous improvement projects and assist with CapX projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Trained in lean methodologies.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Competency utilizing Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Positive attitude, Soft Skills, Problem Solving / Critical Thinking Skills, Communication Skills, and Change Management Skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment
- Aptitude for mechanics
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Emotional Intelligence
- Experience using AS400/VAI, Viso, or eVSM
- In this role, he or she will be working in a production environment, potentially alongside production staff, to gain an understanding of the process and/or troubleshooting mechanical problems.
COME BE PART OF OUR NEXT GENERATION!
“Robert Weed Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $64,300.00 - $96,500.00 annually
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,300.00 - $96,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location