Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. Note: The selected candidate will deploy from their current location and will not have to relocate to Bethesda, MD. This experienced Logistics Support Analyst position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea, and responsibilities includes mentoring and assistance for the KF-X Integrated Logistics Support (ILS ) plan development for these areas:
- Advise and support the development of LSA (Logistics Support Analysis) data for maintenance items based on GEIA-STD-0007 and/or MIL-STD-1388-2B with expertise in LSAR (Logistics Support Analysis Record)
- Advise and support the development of maintenance procedures (e.g. Maintenance Task Analysis or MTA), including scheduled/unscheduled maintenance tasks, servicing, and general maintenance tasks.
- Advise and support the Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) tasks (economic and non-economic analysis)
- Advise and support the development, establishment, and resourcing of maintenance manpower (maintenance man-hours) and personnel
- Advise and support the development/establishment of maintenance and supply support facilities.
- Mentor and support the identification, planning, and resourcing actions for repair parts, spares, and other material to support a warfighter.
- Advise and assist with the development of strategies and plans for a product’s life cycle from design to disposal.
- Advise and support the analytical processes for the logistics/maintenance concept and maintenance level for each Line Replaceable Unit (LRU).
- Advise and assist with the identification of sustainment solutions and performance-based logistics strategies.
- Advise and facilitate development of methods and approaches for the optimum level of repair for an LRU. Review and optimize the level of repair analysis for each LRU
- Support the identification, planning, and implementation of packaging/handling, storage, and transportation requirements.
- Assist with the development of a phased aircraft inspection program.
- Advise on the identification of aircraft logistics elements (e.g. flying operations, support equipment requirements).
- Advise and assist with the development and identification of implementation strategies for sustaining engineering (e.g. design interface, support planning, technology maturation/road-mapping, configuration status accounting, training).
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The candidate should also have a background that demonstrates effective cross-functional team building and coordination skills. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea.
Desired Skills:The following are desired but not required:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college with 7 years combined professional experience in the following skill sets:
- Aircraft Maintainability Support or Aircraft Logistics Support Analysis
- Familiarity with level-of-repair (LORA) analysis tools or models (eg COMPASS)
- Familiarity in LSAR (Logistics Support Analysis Record)
- Ability to implement maintainability programs (using Mil-Hdbk-470A as a guide)
- Familiarity with human factors processes and methodologies (using Mil-Std-1472G as a guide)
- Experience with aircraft maintenance processes analysis
- Experience with diagnostics design and testing procedures
- Ability to develop accurate and complete source data for maintenance manuals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with military or government programs
- Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
- Experience with Export Control Compliance
- Must be detailed-oriented
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.