HI-TEST Laboratories, Inc. (HI-TEST) is a diversified testing, research and design facility that has provided unparalleled testing and evaluation services to government and industry since 1975.
At HI-TEST, we believe that a great company culture is one where employees know their voice is heard and valued, and that the success of one equates to the success of us all. While our testing facility may be “off the beaten path,” this fast-paced and challenging environment provides our employees with the opportunity to learn, be challenged and be in a position where they can succeed, develop new skills, and participate in day-to-day work activities that are completely unique to the RTD&E industry. We’re looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join our team and help us continue to grow.
HI-TEST Labs is seeking a qualified Test Engineer with a mechanical and/or electrical engineering background. The successful candidate will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting, project planning and execution of testing programs. This is an on-site and full-time position. HI-TEST is proud to offer not only a unique work environment located in the heart of rural Virginia, but also competitive wages, employee benefit options, training and continued education opportunities, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a Test Engineer for shock and vibration qualification programs including providing interface designs, test procedures/plans, test operations, data collection, and test reports to customers.
· Ensure project timelines and contract specifications are adhered to.
· Interface with clients and customers regarding tasking.
· Perform duties outside of specialty to complete work assignment.
· 5-7 years of professional experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology equivalent
· Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 50 lbs.
· Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in environments of varying temperatures, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
· Due to export control regulations, this role is open to U.S. citizens only.
· Strong organizational and communication skills, along with an acute attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Ability to manage and execute multiple assigned tasks
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Willingness and desire to identify, research and solve complex problems beyond current capabilities
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform the essential job duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)